We help you get to the heart of the matter and achieve results in less time. Our proven comprehensive approach lets you quickly reach your goals through dialogue, reflective writing, imagery and visual expression, body awareness and your innate practical wisdom.
We work with you based on these key principles:
- We are better off when we work from creativity, tapping into what we really want instead of our fears. We will help you address; and focus on what you want to create.
- How you think is how you behave. Making significant change requires shifting not only your behavior, but also the thinking behind your behavior. We help you shift your mindset, so you can sustain the changes you make.
- Trust your innate wisdom. You know your strengths and talents. But internal and external obstacles get in your way. We help you get unstuck by using your strengths, talents and practical wisdom to overcome your obstacles.
- You’ll learn practical approaches. We help you develop explicit objectives with step-by-step plans, structures and skills to accomplish your goals.
- We are a team. You’re the expert on yourself. We bring more than 40 years of expertise in guiding people to learn, grow and enhance their lives. Together we decide what approaches best suit your needs.
- You have all the skills needed to do this work. If you are open to it, we’ll ask you to make simple drawings and/or write. You need absolutely no art or writing experience or talent. If you can draw a stick figure of a person, or scratch out some words - that works. Just bring your willingness to explore and experiment. Through your drawings we help you identify and address issues that are not easily articulated through using language alone.
We use these same principles and methods whether we are coaching, providing therapy services, consulting or facilitating retreats. We apply them differently depending on your needs and what you want to achieve.
Our approach is compassionate and comprehensive. It draws on our expertise and over 35 years of experience in the fields of creativity, human interaction and organizational effectiveness.
We love our work, which is both our vocation and avocation. We continually learn and are inspired by those with whom we have the privilege of working.
The Life Learning Model™
The Life Learning Model™ developed by Guillermo Cuéllar is a framework that helps people understand and change their fear-based survival patterns and embrace creative, proactive, results-oriented choices.
Facilitative Coaching Model™
Dale Schwarz, along with Anne Davidson designed Facilitative Coaching. (Facilitative Coaching: A toolkit for expanding your repertoire and achieving lasting results, Wiley 2008), a model that blends Guillermo Cuéllar’s Life Learning Model™ with Chris Argyis’ work on organizational behavior and Roger Schwarz’s Skilled Facilitator and Shared Leadership work.
It also incorporates the Drama Triangle, originally developed by Stephen Karpman. At the Center for Creative Consciousness we added to the Drama Triangle re-naming it the Drama Square.